Green energy according to the CO2 Performance Ladder

Using green energy is a relatively simple way to reduce a companys CO2 emissions. Many companies therefore opt for this measure. The CO2 Performance Ladder imposes strict demands on what constitutes "green energy", please see Handbook 3.0 for more information. In the questions below, we will provide a brief explanation on what the ladder perceives green energy to be and we expand on key terms.

Dutch Ministry to be certified for CO2 Performance Ladder

The ministry for Infrastructure and the Environment, including implementation offices Rijkswaterstaat and ILT and the agencies PBL and KNMI, will have itself certified for the CO2 Performance Ladder. Initially, the certification process will be for level 3. The CO2 Performance Ladder helps organisations track their carbon footprint and reduce it.

Kornelis Blok, eminent driving force behind the European and international climate policy, uses five areas of development to describe how construction and civil engineering industries can be climate-neutral by 2050. "Ever since the Paris climate conference, energy neutrality has only become more pressing."

BAM recognized again as leader for corporate action on climate change

Royal BAM Group has been identified as a global leader for its actions and strategies in response to climate change and has been awarded a position on the Climate A List by CDP, the international not-for-profit that drives sustainable economies.

Save the date: Innovation Seminar CO2 Performance Ladder

Awarding sustainable leaders: Towards more distinctive projects

On December 9th, the Foundation for Climate Friendly Procurement and Business is organising an Innovation Seminar for companies and procurement bodies. The theme of the seminar is Awarding leaders: Towards more distinctive projects.

Workshop CO2 Performance Ladder at Climate Chance summit

From September 26th - 28th the first Climate Chance summit will take place in Nantes, France. This event for non-state actors is dedicated to concrete action.

750th certificate for CO2 Performance Ladder handed over to Covalent

The number of certified companies on the CO2 Performance Ladder continues to grow rapidly. The Foundation for Climate Friendly Procurement and Business (SKAO) handed over the 750th certificate to Covalent.

Market consultation on purchasing green power for Dutch government

In the next few years the national government wants to buy 70 percent of its green power including certificates (guarantees of origin). The power has to come from wind or solar energy from a number of European countries. The government will buy the remaining 30% from Dutch windparks and solar projects.

OECD highlights CO2 Performance Ladder as best practice for sustainable procurement in report

The OECD (Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development) is a forum of 34 countries to discuss, study and coordinate social and economic policies. These countries attempt to solve mutual problems and to align international policies.

Climate Paris Agreements require huge investments

The climate targets require a drastic adjustment of our economy, according to a recent study by advisory agency CE Delft. Our current products, machinery and production do not meet the future demands of a low carbon economy and that will involve huge investments and accelerated depreciation of the fossil economy.

Scientific research: COâ‚‚ Performance Ladder doubles COâ‚‚ reduction construction companies

Dr. Martijn Rietbergen of the Utrecht University compared the COâ‚‚ footprint of more than fifty construction companies between 2010 and 2013. His research shows that the COâ‚‚ Performance Ladder is responsible for a strong COâ‚‚ reduction in the construction and civil engineering sector, which is otherwise highly was probably not achieved.

Regardless of what you think, the Ladder works

Construction companies certified for the CO2- Performance ladder achieve an annual 3.2 percent reduction in CO2. Very remarkable, given how the national average has CO2 emissions actually increasing. Half of the energy-saving measures taken by these constructors are a direct consequence of the sustainability tool providing an award advantage. This is the conclusion of research performed by dr. Martijn Rietbergen. De Cobouw followed up on this with an article.